Wednesday, September 23, 2020

Dear Joseph G Cairo:

Nassau OTB needs a Leave Sharing Plan now. Please immediately institute one. They are both common and useful.

I am writing on my own behalf. My communication will be presented to fellow employees for their consideration, evaluation, criticism, adoption, or dismissal.

I presently have more annual time than I likely have use for .  I will receive more time on my anniversary. A cashier time may not accrue  annual time in excess of
102 hours. I expect to exceed that limit.

 I would like to give time to one or more coworkers who have not worked since March 2020 or are working erratically. They obtain their health insurance through employment by Nassau OTB.  Annual time should be able to be given away so it is not wasted. Due to present world circumstances and lack of a predictable schedule, annual time has lost some of its meaning but should not lose its monetary value to those in need.

Nassau OTB once had a Leave Sharing Plan. Local entities have such Plans. The Federal Office of Personnel Management has such a Plan.


Nassau OTB should too. I look forward to your response.


Sincerely yours,



September 24, 2020


cc: Nassau OTB employees

No comments:

Post a Comment