Thursday, November 16, 2017

if the inmates ran the asylum it would run better and

with a reasonable skim
politician fight with each other and have little respect for those who eork or bet horses
what was the union where these people worked?

Off Track Betting Employee Reviews

Sort by: Helpfulness | Rating | Date
Too Stressful
Senior (Former Employee) –  Rome, NY – October 4, 2017
I would get called all the time to fill in for someone who called in.
I was not respected when I had to wear the Management hat , then go back to working at the windows.
Was this review helpful?YesNoReport
This job was great
Bartender/Server (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL – September 11, 2017
I loved working at this establishment because my customers were great and my hours were long. The job itself was fulfilling. I kept busy and worked hard .
Was this review helpful?YesNoReport
Great part-time job.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Valley Stream, NY – September 5, 2017
Fast paced money handling. Unlike any other job, new experience every day. Dealing with regular customers and learning how to meet the demands of each individual.
Pros
paid sick and annual time
Cons
none
Was this review helpful?YesNoReport
Terrible management and organization
Computer and Phone Operator (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NY – August 1, 2017
I was hired at OTB by a family friend and thought I would have a great working environment going in. The phone operators are treated like vermin. And I don't mean that from a general standpoint. The managers literally cursed and insulted many operators. In front of everyone. This is a completely toxic and unprofessional company to work for, and you aren't paid enough money. There is extremely little room for moving up.
Pros
No strict dress code
Cons
Short breaks, unfair treatment, disgusting work place, toxic management
Was this review helpful?YesNoReport
managment, pay, and schedule sucked
Senior mini parlor vault attendant (Former Employee) –  NY – July 21, 2017
I loved my job because of my customers. I started at minimum wage and worked my way up to a living wage after years. yes I had vacation time but that too was only after I had been there for years. you get a couple days your first year and it goes up. the schedule changed on a dime you could be at work and find out surprise your getting out an hour late. this happens a lot during Saratoga and gets later every year. after years of working in this thankless job they closed my branch and replaced me with a machine. They are trying to eliminate the human aspect and go over to automation so I do not recommend this to anyone for that reason.
Pros
great customers. no over sight. freedom while at work.
Cons
hours. pay. useless union. bureaucracy
Was this review helpful?YesNoReport
Slow-Paced
Team Member/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Commack, NY – May 22, 2017
A normal work day was slow except for big race days. The management team was nice but hours weekly were not guaranteed. There were many layoffs that took place.
Was this review helpful?Yes 1NoReport
fun establishment with people enjoying gambling
Teller (Former Employee) –  Olean, NY – April 30, 2017
I was responsible for taking horse racing bets, and running the lottery machine. I did have to clean up after people and there were times that the job could get fast paced and you had to make quick judgement and be accurate, or else people would and did get upset.
Pros
fun, the people were nice and thoughtful
Cons
I didnt get many hours and the business did close up.
Was this review helpful?Yes 1NoReport
i love this job hate they closed
Teller/money room clerk (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL – March 18, 2017
a typical day at work was going in seeing all the regular customers who I enjoyed so much that when I learned working with the public is not a bad thing I love all the management they was fair and strict but knew how to talk to grown people there was no hard parts to my job most enjoyable part of the job was to watch people run with there horses
Pros
great tips good management fun people
Cons
that it was not 24 hours
Was this review helpful?YesNoReport
Meeting and greeting people love it
Teller (Former Employee) –  Chicago – July 28, 2016
Love working and meeting people. A very great job ,just need more hours . They need to have better benefits management needs to be more productive
Pros
Meeting people
Cons
Short breaks
Was this review helpful?YesNoReport
This position was fun and relatively easy after training.
Telephone Betting Agent (Former Employee) –  New York, NY – June 14, 2016
As a per- diem we didn't have benefits but the pay was great and i was introduced to some great people. It was enjoyable to work on busy weekends with great people.
Pros
Great management team who were easy to get along with.
Cons
Short lunch break between horse races.
Was this review helpful?YesNoReport
very exciting
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, NY – March 5, 2014
A typical Day here is taking customers bets, getting races information sheets, I tended vault for sometime, making and breaking down drawers, doing deposits, customer service, large pay-outs, lottery.
Pros
tips!!
Cons
No advancement
Was this review helpful?YesNo 1Report
Awesome job, great people
Teller (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, IN – January 13, 2013
Helping people gamble, great co-workers, great management, all around an amazing job, watching horse racing all day
Was this review helpful?Yes 2NoReport
comfortable setting, non-stressful
Mutuels Clerk (Current Employee) –  Batavia, NY – October 29, 2012
I like working at OTB, been with them since 2001. Easy work and has two of my favorite things to work with; money and people. Hours are ok, unfortunately advancement takes years. I work at a small branch and the employees have been there for 10+ years and plan on retiring there. Works on a senority scale and i am only a subsitute. I am close with my co-workers been with them for years.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
low advancement rate
Was this review helpful?Yes 1No 1Report
This was a great place to work!
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  New York, NY – October 12, 2012
O.T.B was a great place to work. As a single mom,they permitted me to work the hours of 6:45am-1:45pm so that I did not have to arrange and pay for after school care. I worked well with all my co-workers. There were no aspects of the job that I didn't like. It had its busy times and deadlines, but it was never taxing. I liked all that I did with the W2G's (gambling earnings reports), from calculating the taxes to researching social security number errors. My managers and supervisors were great people and I often worked with them on daily, weekly and monthly reports.
Pros
i learned a lot while working in revenue accounting while earning my accounting degree
Cons
due to my permitted hours, i did not take lunch.
Was this review helpful?Yes 2No 1Report
its ok job
Teller (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NY – July 23, 2012
My job at off track betting is ok when i am there. I am a sub so i do not work many hours there. that part is not good because you do not get bennifits when you are a sub. The job it self is ok. But there is no growing in that company unless someone retire or get fired or demoted so me moving up in that company any time soon is not happening. The pay sucks. But the customers is very fun to work with and my co-workers is not bad to work with.
Pros
easy job
Cons
no bennifits for subs or hours

No comments:

Post a Comment